A New Era, Scottish Modern Art 1900- 1950 Gallery of Modern Art Two, NGS
Lead Conservator Install November 2017 – De-install May 2018
NOW 2 Gallery of Modern Art One, National Galleries of Scotland
Lead Conservator Install October 2017 – De-install February 2018
Ages of Wonder National Gallery, National Galleries of Scotland
Lead Conservator De-install January 2018
BP Portrait Award National Portrait Gallery, National Galleries of Scotland
Lead Conservator Install December 2017
Decanting of Gallery
- Royal Holloway, University of London Dec 15- February 2016
Lead conservator in the decant and re-installation of the entire picture gallery prior to and post transit relating to the installation of a new lighting system and preventive conservation measures.
- Scottish Collection – National Galleries of Scotland Oct 2017- Jan 2018
I undertook part of a survey of all Scottish paintings held by NGS [not including the Portrait Gallery]. All of this surveying was undertaken on-site at the store in Granton.
- Old Master and British Picture Department, Christie’s, London June 2018
Freelance conservation consultant – writing condition reports on the majority of lots in the bi-annual Old Master and British Picture Sales and separate House Sales. 1999-ongoing
- Painting Collection – Guildhall, Guildford Surrey March 2016
Lead conservator in a project to assess the condition and provide estimates for the conservation of the painting collection. This was undertaken while the paintings were hanging in the medieval interior. I prepared a method statement outlining the work and arranged art-handling, scaffolding, additional conservators and an engineer to load test the existing hanging fittings.
- National Galleries of Scotland Oct 17- January 2018 During my contract I oversaw the loans programme – both requested and outgoing loans. This involved writing around thirty condition reports on paintings and sculpture.
- National Museum for Art, Architecture and Design, Oslo, Norway March 2015 Outgoing and returning loan condition checking for a Edvard Munch painting in London.